Monday, January 20, 2014

Remember these things

Our days go by so fast.  Every day I say to myself at least once, "I need to blog about that so I don't forget!"  Months go by and all the memories I forget.  Life is so constant.  It's a good thing, but how am I suppose to remember what we did in our busy days when the boys grow up and ask.  Right now, I just checked on them.  I get home from the gym, a good workout, and make sure their blankets are tightly tucked around them.  I find Carsen sleeping so peacefully, he is so handsome and just so beautiful.  I love to watch him sleep because there is no hand flapping or jerky motions.  He is just at pure peace.  His long eyelashes and plump lips are my favorite! I pull his heavy body down further in bed, and tuck his doggy blanky around him.  I cautiously open Jace's door so I don't wake him up.  He is sleeping with his butt high up in the air, he has lost all his baby fat and is growing out of his jammies already.  I tuck his blankies around him and pull him to the middle.  He has the sweetest little boy look. Still so little and innocent.  He is so precious, I smile and thank God for my boys.

My favorite memory of Jace today was when I asked him where his nose, mouth, eyes, ears, and head were, he showed me.  I asked him to get his boots and he brought them to me.  I asked him to sit in the chair and wait for his snack and he waited for me.  He said, "Yes" "Thank You" "Carsen or Zen Zen"  He sat in my lap and brought me books and he actually liked reading them.  We had a wonderful day.  No time outs. Just running around at the gym, chasing balls, meeting friends and enjoying no school for Carsen.

My favorite memory of Carsen today was how well he did when we went to the gym.  He didn't use his gait trainer at all, and kicked balls all around the gym.  His fine motor was so gentle when it came time to picking up a puck and rolling it down the gym.  He continues to gain strength and balance.  He loves to play basketball and watch all the balls bouncing.  We had a wonderful day.  No school, no naps.  Just dancing, snacks and playing with little brother.

I want to remember these things, for it is what brings me the most joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment