Thursday, September 25, 2014

Summer lovin

We are throughly enjoying our summer.  With rain almost every day and sunshine in-between, we are finding things to do.  July 4th is in a few days and we haven't even made it to the pool or the beach YET!  That is completely ridiculous and has never happened in this household!

I must confess, I was dreading this summer.  I was so worried about Carsen being unhappy with school being done.  So fearful, that with the new house build, Matt would be too busy, and Jace, well, he is completely wild, so that concerned me…

So far, we are loving living in town, walking the blocks, walking to the parks, biking the bike path, having a backyard and keeping up with our friends.  The house project is well on its way with the footings in place and the walls being poured tomorrow!  Matt is gone but we are content and keeping busy.

Carsen walks all over the house now.  I follow him around because he will have a fall that is totally unexpected and I just can't trust him yet.  But, he has never been happier.  Can you imagine walking after all these years and no one is holding you up?  I just can't imagine the freedom he feels.  To have balance.  To be a toddler for 6 years and then all of a sudden balance.  It is seriously a miracle and everyday I thank God for this blessing.  So many kids don't get this opportunity, this miracle, this spectacular ability to balance and walk.  He gets in and we know we are blessed.  We feel the miracle everyday.  The best part about it is that I get to hear daily from other how they can't believe how good Carsen is doing.  My response is still a, I am in shock in and udder misbelief.  I feel like I can die a happy mom now!  Really I do…

Jace is seriously the wildest little boy I have ever seen.  He is hilarious.  I giggle at him multiple times an hour.  He is quick with his reactions.  Loves making silly faces.  He is intelligent.  He comprehended that the moon is out day and night and the sun is out only the day.  He knows the shapes of the moon and stars.  He knows the color yellow.  His vocabulary is growing so fast.  Another miracle in our life is this gift of having a child that is typical.  Wow.  Typical development just doesn't make sense when you have another child that has so many needs.  There are so many things that need to go right in order to have a child do "normal" activities and speech.  My favorite thing he talks about throughout the day is, "boba, dada, chai, boba, dada, dada, boba, bochai.  He loves the men in his life and he thinks about throughout his day.

No comments:

Post a Comment